2,435 total views, 1 views today
The Winter Games and K-Pop
The 2018 Winter Olympic Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea have begun. The 100 day Olympic Torch Relay was a star studded affair. The torch bearers included many K-Pop idols. Let’s take a look at some of the Hallyu musicians who had the honor of carrying the Olympic torch.
1. Suzy – Miss A’s Suzy carried the torch during its time on Jeju Island.
2. Soyou – Soyou from Sistar carried the torch in Buyeo.
— Olympic Flame (@OlympicFlame) December 5, 2017
3. Lee Seunghoon, Jinwoo, and Mino – Winner members Seunghoon and Jinwoo carried the torch in in Suwon, while Mine had the honor in Seoul.
4. Nam Taehyun – A former member of Winner who now fronts South Buyers Club, he carried the torch in Yongin.
5. Leo and N – Both members of VIXX were honored with the task of carrying the torch on separate legs.
6. Jang Yoon-ju – The singer-songwriter, model, actress, and TV host carried the torch in Seoul.
7. Donghae and Yesung – Members of the popular group Super Junior, the two danced as they carried the torch.
8. Sandara Park – Formerly a member of 2NE1, Sandara carried the torch with grace.
9. Monsta X – The group really seemed to enjoy the honor of bearing the Olympic torch.
10. Chanmi, Seolhyun, and Jimin – The AOA members proudly wore the honor of torch bearing.
11. Jeon Somi – Formerly a member of I.O.I, Somi gracefully carried the torch.
Marco grew up wanting to be a musician, and when that didn’t work out, he decided to teach English in South Korea. Marco left his home in Columbus, Ohio, and has been living in Changwon for almost 2 years. He has really delved into the Korean music scene, and is ready to share it with the world.